23 January 2006

Building Better Communities Awards (for Libraries)

I once characterized (for fun!) Librarians as "Librarians: I go on managing my collections and serials mindsets", well, think that no more: I really like SirsiDynix new "Building Better Communities Awards", for Libraries (official press release here).

The award recognizes Librarian technology leadership, in service of communities.

It would have been even a better award, I think, if eligibility had not been restricted to "SirsiDynix-powered" Libraries. Although it may seem strange if SirsiDynix were to award a prize to a "non-SirsiDynix" powered Library, on second thoughts, it would make a very lasting impression on the winning Library and would enable all Librarians, proud of their achievements, to apply... Two cents worth from a non-Librarian.