22 April 2006

BarCamp Ottawa | The Evening Before

BarCamp Ottawa

After the gosling pit stop at 16:30, sometime after 19:00 I made my way to Fox & Feather to meet some of the BarCamp Ottawa participants and organizers. Kudos for the Toronto crowd - lots of them came in for the occasion!

I wanted to meet before the conference and have a feel whether I would be an "out-of-context" speaker. It turns out that attendees have a variety of backgrounds. Sure, a lot of programmers and geeks in the crowd - I have never seen so many laptops actively used in during a conference - but a good variety of participants nonetheless.

On BarCamps:
BarCamp is an ad-hoc gathering born from the desire for people to share and learn in an open environment. It is an intense event with discussions, demos, and interaction from attendees. Learn more or organize your own Barcamp!
Next time I'll bring my camera... ;-)


Categories: